Just a reminder that the Newport Aquarium trip is coming up on March 19th. This trip requires advance registration no later than 8:00 AM on Thursday March 16th so please check your email or read the post on the website.
I spent the morning of 3/11 at Camp Kern meeting with Cam Miller, the camp director and other Adventure Guides/Indian Princesses leaders. There are some changes coming up for the Spring campout.
- You will need to register online for trail rides and pony rides. We will not be selling spaces at camp. Watch this space for more information.
- We will have a formal check-in procedure. The YMCA is requiring waivers be signed for all attendees. You will have to present a signed waiver to receive your camp wristband when you arrive. Once again, watch the website for details.
There are some welcome changes at Camp Kern this year
- New Shower Facilities at the Lower Bathouse! New showers and they have on demand hot water heaters. No more cold showers in a dank bathhouse. This is big news!
- Many of the cabins have new porches
- There will be new menu items (may not happen until fall), including the availability of a gluten free meals (at a small additional cost). Gluten free meals require advanced notification.
Registration for Camp Kern starts on April Saturday April 1st.
Dayton Dragons Overnight is scheduled for Friday July 21st. I will have a mailing soon with registration information. Please note that this event requires advanced registration!
aka Millard Mier